Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How if the Ku Klux Klan like a group of real-estate agents??

Since I loved the first chapter so much, my hopes were up very high, but this chapter did not appeal to me as much as the first one. It was definetly hard to read through, but there were some parts of the chapter that I did enjoy!

I found the beginning of this chapter kind of boring when they were explaining the Ku Klux Klan, but it was some what interesting so that part wasn't too hard to get through. I did find it interesting how Kennedy got into the secrets of them and figured out things to announce to the public over the radio. I thought it was clever of him to break into their group and release all this secret information to everyone, and through this, separating them and started to break them apart.

The part I found more interesting is when they started talking about the internet and how many people can find out SO much that they should not even know because one person releases all this information on a website. I never really thought about the internet this way, I just always took for granted that you could go onto Google and type in anything and you will get hundreds and hundreds of links to click on to find exactly what you are looking for! It is crazy to think about. I really liked one of the quotes said in the book, "Internet has accomplished what even the most fervent consumer advocated usually cannot: it has vastly shrunk the gap between the experts and the public." It is so true when they use the example about people wanting to buy a car and after going somewhere to look for one, can go home and take the price they were offered to buy the car, find a website, and see if the price is reasonable, and can find out much more than just that!

The other part that really interested me was when dating internet sites were discussed. It is crazy to think that some of the most viewed and visited sites are dating sites! It really made me think about society and how people are supposed to be viewed and liked. I say this because it says that almost everyone on their profile say they are really skinnier then they are, especially women. It also talks about men won't look at profiles with girls who have a very low finance, but then again when it is a lot they are often intimidated. And girl's look for guys who have a lot of money. Many of people say they do not look for people of the same race, maybe to seem "open-minded", but when actually researched, almost every person looks for someone who is of their same race.

There are some things that still really made me think in this chapter, but it didn't grab my attention as much as the first chapter is. Although, I am still very eager to read on and see what else the book has in store for me to really think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment