Monday, February 1, 2010

Chapter 4: Race & Ethnicity (pg.267-273)


I liked reading about these topics because this is something that is very controversial in our world today. The author's purpose in this chapter was to make us more sensitive readers when it comes to race and ethnicity. I definetly agree with the author when he says that many people determine how a person is because of how they look on the outside, aka their color of skin most of the time. Whether we like to admit it or not,I'm sure we have all done this, and sometimes without even realizing we are judging them. Today's society has many people thinking about people from different races are "certain ways." I believe that if this was not the case, more people would get along, I know that sounds stupid, but I believe that.

I do think that over the years many different ways people view one another have changed. Some in bad ways, and some in good ways.

I think there are several stereotypes for all different sorts of people, and i think this is due a lot to the past. Beliefs get carried on from generation to generation, and many people are stuck in their beliefs to the past rather than accepting the future. Even though things have changed, people still dwell on the past, and whether we like it or not, some people always will. With the mix of your personal relationships and political affiliation, can cause several people to feel or believe a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment