Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Robot, & Star Wars

I Robot

For the most part, I have to say that I did not enjoy this reading as much. I realized that I'm not a big fan when it comes to analyzing movies, especially a movie about something like this, which I have no interest in. Therefore, it was hard for me to read this. What I got out of this was that there are many underlying messages to every single part to a movie. Silverman talks about the story rules, how it more then just entertainment, business rules, tricks, reading some books, and etc. He talks a little about the background, and how I, Robot, began as a screenplay called Hardwired. He says how when we watch a movie there is way more to it when we think, every scene has so much to go into including camera angles, effects, lighting, and music. Silverman thinks that when dealing with all of these things that I, Robot was a highly proficient movie from technical standpoint.

Star Wars

I have to say that I was not so much interested in this reading as well, but I found it a little more interesting than the last one just because I have seen it once and the reading was a little better to read, in my opinion. It discussed even though Star Wars was based on a far off galaxy, the fundamental basis of the movie was a classic. They realized this because it dealt with the usual story of good against evil, even if it is not in the normal setting. Another conflict between two things was with nature versus technology. It resembles misused power and a warning against change. As Black said in the final paragraph, the film's message is clear, "Hold fast to the present way of life and the future will be saved."

No comments:

Post a Comment